Monday, May 4, 2009

I love you Mom!


This time of year is always special for my family. Its Mother's day this weekend and its also the annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. Every year we have "girls night out" we go to dinner, stay the night in SLC then go to the race the next morning. The Race for the Cure is special to us because my mom is a breast cancer survivor going on nine years this summer. I just wanted to tell my Mom how much I love her and how thankful I am to have her for my Mom. Mom you were so brave when you were sick. I was 18, I was old enough to understand what was going on but it was so hard to think of losing you. I remember the night we found out you telling us not to worry because you were going to "kick cancers ass!" and you did that for sure. You've taught me so much. Its truly special in this day to have parents that love each other, you and Dad are a great example to us. I'm so proud of you, your a wonderful Mom, and Grandma. Thanks for always being there for our family. We love you!

























2 comments:

  1. Best mom ever!!! Couldn't ask for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lacy what a nice tribute to your mom. I love her too.

    ReplyDelete